Eazi-Breed CIDR Cattle
Progesterone intravaginal insert
For cow/calf producers, EAZI-BREED CIDR Cattle Insert helps to improve the effectiveness of reproduction programs through estrous synchronization, so groups of beef cows or heifers come into heat and can be bred within a shorter time period than natural estrous.
What Is It For?
- Synchronization of estrus in lactating dairy cows, suckled beef cows, and replacement beef and dairy heifers Induction of estrous cycles in anestrous lactating dairy cows
- Synchronization of the return to estrus in lactating dairy cows inseminated at the immediately preceding estrus
- Advancement of first postpartum estrus in suckled beef cows
- Advancement of first pubertal estrus in replacement beef heifers
Removal of the EAZI-BREED CIDR Cattle Insert on Day 7 treatment results in a rapid fall in plasma progesterone levels, which results in the occurrence of estrus in those animals responding to treatment.
Each insert is impregnated with 1.38 grams of progesterone in elastic silicone molded over a nylon spine. Inserts are packaged in a plastic pouch with 10 inserts to a pouch. A special applicator for EAZI-BREED CIDR is provided separately.
Indications for use
For the use of synchronization of estrus in lactating dairy cows, suckled beef cows, and replacement beef and dairy heifers; induction of estrous cycles in anestrous lactating dairy cows; synchronization of the return to estrus in lactating dairy cows inseminated at the immediately preceding estrus; advancement of first postpartum estrus in suckled beef cows; and advancement of first pubertal estrus in replacement beef heifers.
Administration and dosage
- Wear protective gloves whenever handling EAZI-BREED CIDR.
- Prepare a container of clean water with disinfectant solution to wash the applicator between uses.
- Fit the body of the insert into the applicator with the tail along the slot. The two wings will be pushed together, protruding about 1 inch above the top of the applicator.
- Apply a generous amount of lubricant to the tip of the insert.
- Shift the animal's tail to one side and clean the vulva.
- Make sure the tail of the EAZI-BREED CIDR Cattle Insert is facing upward.
- Open the lips of the vulva and insert the applicator at a slight upward angle, moving forward over the pelvic bone until it meets resistance, then rotate the applicator so the tail is curling down to hide from curious penmates.
- Dispense the insert from the applicator by depressing the plunger, then slowly withdraw the applicator body. 9.To prevent removal by curious penmates, you may want to clip the tail of the insert so that 2.5 inches protrude from the vulva.
- To withdraw the insert, simply give the tail a gentle but firm pull to release the insert.
- Dispose of used inserts in a sealed, plastic container in accordance with applicable local, state and federal regulations.