Feline heartworm, leukemia virus antigen and immunodeficiency virus antibody test kit
Witness FFH is a Rapid Immuno Migration (RIM) test for IN VITRO detection of Feline Heartworm (FHW) antigen, Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV) antigen and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) antibody in feline whole blood, serum, or plasma.
Witness FFH kit contents:
- 10 or 25 Pouches, each containing 1 test device and desiccant.
- 10 or 25 Pipettes.
- 2 or 3 Buffer bottles (5.0 mL each).
- Instructions for use.
Indications for use
Witness FFH is a simple test based on Rapid Immuno Migration (RIM™) technology. FHW antigen is detected using anti-heartworm antibodies. FeLV antigen is detected using antibodies directed against the circulating p27 capside protein. FIV antibody is detected based on the presence of antibodies against the transmembrane region of the virus, using a synthetic peptide from the gp40 protein.
In all three cases, sensitized particles bound to the targeted analyte present in the sample (whole blood, serum or plasma) migrate along a membrane.
The complex is then captured on a sensitized reaction zone where its accumulation causes the formation of a clearly visible pink/red band.
A control band located at the end of the reading window (C) ensures that the test was performed correctly.
Administration and dosage
- Tear open a pouch provided and place the test device on a flat horizontal surface.
- Holding the provided pipette vertically, add one drop of sample to each test well.
- Check that the sample has fully absorbed into the membrane.
- Remove the cap from the buffer bottle, hold it vertically and add two drops of buffer to each test well.
- Leave the test device flat during migration of the sample/reagent complex through the reading windows.
- After 10 minutes, observe the presence or absence of pink/red bands in the reading windows (T) and (C).