recommend this product
Exactly what I wanted and worked as described
Provecta II for Cats
For the prevention & treatment of flea infestations
Provecta for cats is a once-a-month dose topical application for use in cats eight weeks of age and older and weighing five pounds and over.
Provecta for cats contains:
- Imidicloprid 9.10%
- Pyriproxfen 0.46%
- Other Ingredients 90.44%
Indications for use
Provecta for cats:
- kills adult fleas
- kills flea eggs
- prevents flea infestations for up to one month per treatment
- kills fleas within 12 hours
Administration and dosage
- Remove one applicator tube from the package.
- Hold applicator tube in an upright position facing away from you and your pet's face and eyes. Pull cap off tube.
- Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
- Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
- Part the hair on the neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube to expel the entire contents directly on the skin. Do not get this product in your pet's eyes, or allow your pet to ingest this product.The product is bitter tasting and salivation may occur for a short time if the pet licks the product immediately after treatment. Treatment at the base of the skull will minimize the opportunity for the cat to lick the product. Do not allow the product to run off.
- Discard empty tube as described in the Storage and Disposal section.
- Under normal conditions this product is effective for a month. However, in case of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four (4) weeks. On cats, do not retreat more often than once every seven (7) days. After flea control is attained, return to a monthly treatment schedule.